CORNELL LAW SCHOOL
August 1995 to May 1998
J.D./LL.M. Degree, May 1998.
Pursued an intensive three-year joint J.D./LL.M. program combining a traditional J.D. degree and an LL.M. degree in International and Comparative Law. Attended Cornell’s summer legal program at the Sorbonne University of Paris. Earned the Kosciuszko Foundation Scholarship awarded to students with outstanding credentials who demonstrate an interest in Polish culture and history.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
September 1991 to December 1994
B.A. in English Literature, December 1994.
Graduated with General Honors in three and one-third years, secondary B.A. in Polish Literature. Dean’s List 1992-94. Earned the merit-based Humana Scholarship.
Corporate Law, San Francisco State University, 2009-present.
Introduction to the US Legal System and Basic Contract Law, Academy of Law and Diplomacy (Gdynia, Poland), March to April 2008
LAW OFFICE OF MARTIN ZURADA, San Francisco, California
January 2002 to present
- Principal specializing in various litigation and transactional matters.
- Tried numerous trials encompassing various issues relating to contract interpretation, business disputes, real property, employment, collection, torts and constructive trusts.
- Represented clients in arbitration, mediation, and before administrative bodies.
- Drafted pleadings, argued motions, negotiated and settled numerous actions related to business disputes, torts, insurance, construction and employment.
- Provided general business advice on a daily basis to clients on transactional and on-going business issues including drafting and reviewing various contracts, employment matters, and collections.
STEIN & LUBIN, San Francisco, California
July 2000 to November 2001
- Associate at a thirty-attorney law boutique law firm specializing in corporate and real estate matters.
- Involved in extensive drafting of wide variety of agreements for small to medium size clients, including stock and asset purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, stock option plans, employment agreements, manufacturing agreements, distribution agreements and operating agreements.
- Prepared permits for private sale of intrastate securities in California, drafted offering circulars and researched securities issues
- Formed, merged and dissolved corporations and limited liability companies.
- Performed research and advised clients on various business issues.
SQUIRE, SANDERS & DEMPSEY, Cleveland, Ohio
Sept 1998 to July 2000
- Associate at a Cleveland based international law firm with twenty-nine offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Assisted in purchase and sale of large companies, drafted stock and asset purchase agreements along with ancillary documents.
- Led one of the teams performing due diligence in connection with sale of a two-billion dollar and a half-billion dollar company.
- Performed a variety of securities work including drafting public and private placement memoranda, drafted offering memoranda and securities filings, and researched securities issues.
FROST & JACOBS Cincinnati, Ohio
May to August 1997
Summer Associate at a large regional law firm. Drafting and research of motions, pleadings, and memoranda.
KENTUCKY SUPREME COURT, Louisville, Kentucky
May to June 1996
Summer Judicial Intern for Justice Nicholas King. Drafted an opinion, researched and wrote memoranda.